Here is a pic I snapped of the milk we got from Holga yesterday morning. I meant to post it with yesterdays blog, but didn't... why anyone else would care to see a snapshot of some fresh milk I do not know, but to me it is very satisfying...
Tracy is over at the Ante's babysitting while they are on their honeymoon trip. I don't know which is more confounding... a) that I am old enough to have a daughter old enough to babysit, or b) that I am old enough to have a daughter who is babysitting for a couple on their 6th wedding anniversary, for whom I performed the wedding service. Anyway, our best to the Ante's!
I am reading Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim. Some great quotes from Conrad:
"Which of us here has not observed this, or maybe experienced something of that feeling in his own person- this extreme weariness of emotions, the vanity of effort, the yearning for rest? Those striving with unreasonable forces know it well- the shipwrecked castaways in boats, wanderers lost in a desert, men battling against the unthinking might of nature, or the stupid brutality of crowds."
"...it is my belief no man ever understands quite his own artful dodges to escape from the grim shadow of self-knowledge."I finished reading Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy last Sabbath. There were way too many good quotes in that one to put them here. I recommend the book, though it is basically a silly romantic tale. It's portrayal of English Agrarianism in the 19th century is very educational. I am also still reading the sermons and tracts of John Gill. I am on volume 3.
Ok, ten things you may or may not know about me (from an email):
10. I received 7 medals in the 2nd ever Academic Decathlon in my senior year in high school.
9. I changed my major three times in college... and never graduated.
8. I was caught up in a riot one time.
7. I wrote two secular novels that will never be published, and I used to write poetry.
6. I hate clowns... all clowns are liars.
5. Not one member of my family (outside of my wife and children) supports or agrees with what I believe. Not one has ever heard me preach. And they don't read this blog either.
4. I've been interviewed and misquoted by the LA Times. I no longer do interviews.
3. I've only been involved in 1 at fault automobile accident, back when I was 18.
2. I once met and hung out with Pat Buchanan - a Jesuit.
1. I smoked my first cigar when I was 25.
Bonus - I predicted the World Trade Center attacks back in 1999-2000... ON TAPE. I named one of two cities in which the attack would take place, and said that Osama Bin Laden would be blamed for the attacks, and that the attacks would be used to bring about draconian laws and controls that would eradicate privacy and freedom. I also predicted back in 1993 that no one would ever make any money selling stuff over the internet.
Ok, enough of that. Go check out Herrick Kimball's new blog which illustrates How to Butcher a Chicken.
This guy almost died sticking a rattlesnake in his mouth.... there are so many spiritual analogies that I will just let you all come up with your own.
I have had several suggestions that I comment further on my earlier blog where I stated that both sides of the debate on the extent of Romans 13 were wrong. I might do that soon.
I am your servant in Christ Jesus,